I like guided meditations to balance my mind. I have a stack of CDs beside my bed with various meditation and Yoga Nidra routines to choose from each morning. Sometimes I choose the 20 minute Amy Weintraub's Lifeforce Yoga Nidra routine or the 45 minute Robin Carnes Yoga Nidra II routine with the healing sounds. Occasionally I listen to Dr Fritz Smith's Inner Smile Meditation or Sacred Pyramid Meditation or Aminah Raheem's Soul Link Meditation. I've listened to Dr Andrew Weil's Breathing CD often enough that now I can do the breathing exercises without the assistance of the CD. When I feel worn down, I might listen to one of the HemiSync® Human Plus CDs with the binaural sound waves. I have CDs with nature sounds, drum rhythms and harp music. I like the variety. When I miss doing one of these tapes, I notice I am more irritable and less focused.
At a friend's encouragement, I used a set of index cards to make a stack of activities to do each week based on my routines and the wellness information I was gathering for my clients. That is when I discovered that I had fun picking and choosing different activities for the day and I felt like I was taking better care of myself in the process. I was giving myself permission to take care of myself. Some days I was spontaneous and did the activity that was the luck of the draw for that day. Other days I sorted through the cards and chose the activities that grabbed my attention. These index cards became my personal set of resource cards to bring balance into my life. And that become the basic idea for the Balance Resource Cards. I wanted to give my clients (and myself) the gift of balance of mind, body and spirit. These cards have improved my own health and well-being. Over time, I hope you will create a balanced plan for your own self care routine for mind, body and spirit. I hope you will consider using these cards and this website as a way to balance your own life.
- Shuffle the cards and randomly pick a card to try for the day. Enjoy the spontaneity. Place the card aside if you wish to try all the cards during the month.
- Choose several cards to be used every day as part of your daily wellness routine. Change the routine every few weeks.
- Place your favorite cards in a card holder, on the refrigerator, on a mirror or around your home where you will see each card daily. Do the activity each time you see it.
- Choose a balanced combination of cards to use for the week for mind, body and spirit. Every day, choose one or two cards from that pile until all the cards are completed.
- Be brave! Choose a card that you have never tried before. Learn a new technique. Read more about it from this website or from other resources.
- Give a set of cards to a friend and enjoy using them together. Check in with each other for accountability.