Exercise is another investment. I have never liked the word "exercise". Neither do many of my clients. I trick myself into "being active" and "movement" instead of calling it a word which fills me with dread. Dancing to upbeat music or making a few trips to the basement gets my heart rate pumping. This month, I'm alternating between aerobic, strength building and stress-releasing activities, based on the kinds of foods I'm eating. It helps keep me motivated when I switch things up. Regardless of what you call it, I'm investing in a less sedentary lifestyle this year.
- Plan and prepare healthy meals daily.
- Buy local, organic and fresh foods.
- Read the food labels. Avoid sugar, artificial sweeteners and preservatives.
- Drink room temperature water every 1 - 2 hours.
- Increase activity, exercise and movement throughout the week.
- Reduce stress by using the Balance Resource Cards.
- Have a wellness plan, including attainable goals and accountability.