Life feels busy this month. Each week appears balanced at first glance. I have steady work, time for friends and even an art day scheduled. I've been checking things off the "To Do" list with great satisfaction. Perhaps I'm feeling busy because I don't have a large block of uninterrupted time to work on a writing project I'd like to complete. Despite a writer's retreat next week, I am still feeling busy.
The first rule of self care is to say YES to yourself. Saying yes is a way to give yourself permission to do the things needed in order to be well. Life has a way of changing. Sometimes we need to say yes multiple times.
- Gratitude: When did I feel closest to God? When was I most grateful?
- Grace: How has God been working in me? When did I notice God’s grace?
- Sorrow: Where did I fail? When did I feel separated from God?
- Forgiveness: Reconcile my shortcomings through confession and forgiveness.
- Hope: Ask for God’s help and guidance for the future.