Welcome to the DW Healing Arts Be Well series of wellness tips for January 2016. Each day I will highlight a card from my Balance Resource Cards decks. The wellness resources will help you bring balance to your body, mind and spirit if used on a regular basis.
Take a moment right now, and practice today's wellness tip as you read this. Grab your journal, turn off your phone, find a quiet place without interruptions and set a timer for 20 or 30 minutes. This is time you are investing in yourself. You are worth it.
Give yourself permission to balance your life.
May you Be Well! Love, Deanna
Life often feels busy. When you pause during the day, you create a still point which helps to anchor you in a whirlwind of activity. Pausing allows you to listen and hear your quiet inner voice that cannot be heard over the constant activity and noise of daily life. It allows you to become present in the moment. As the brain chatter and stream of thoughts slow down, you begin to notice what is happening within your inner landscape.
- Gratitude: When did I feel closest to God? When was I most grateful?
- Grace: How has God been working in me? When did I notice God’s grace?
- Sorrow: Where did I fail? When did I feel separated from God?
- Forgiveness: Reconcile my shortcomings through confession and forgiveness.
- Hope: Ask for God’s help and guidance for the future.